Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip.
- X-rays if applicable. If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request to have them sent to our office or you can personally pick them up and bring them to your first visit. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) that may be of concern prior to surgery or if you are currently taking any medications such as heart medications, aspirin and anticoagulant therapy.